Dr Murray Blythe
Dr Murray Blythe
MBBS (UWA) FRACS (ORTH)
Foot and Ankle Surgery, Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
I was born and raised in Perth and studied medicine at UWA. My internship and resident years were at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Alice Springs Hospital and Dunedin Hospital, New Zealand. My orthopaedic training was in the West Australian scheme which I completed in 2011. I have undertaken further subspecialty training in hip and knee arthroplasty and revision, and foot and ankle surgery.
I’m married with two young sons and two young daughters. I’m hoping to get them to share my love of windsurfing soon.
I have a special interest in:
- Knee arthroplasty and revision, utilising patient specific instrumentation
- Hip arthroplasty and revision, utilising the anterior approach
- Foot and ankle surgery including arthroscopic surgery
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (UWA) 1999
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Orth) 2011
- University of Western Ontario, London, Canada – Hip and knee arthroplasty and revision
- Universitätsspital, Basel, Switzerland – Foot and ankle surgery
- Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia – Foot and ankle surgery
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Medical Association
POST OPERATIVE REHABILITATION FOR FOOT OPERATIONS:
Ankle arthrodesis (fusion)
Plantar Fascia Release
Phone: 9200 6052
Fax: 9200 3952
SOUTHERN CROSS ORTHOPAEDIC GROUP OFFICE
105/9 Salvado Road, Subiaco WA 6008
4/77 Grand Boulevard, Joondalup WA 6027
Joondalup Health Campus
- Joondalup Hospital (public & private patients)
- St John of God, Mount Lawley (private patients)
Will I need further imaging prior to my appointment?
Depending on where you had your imaging taken and when, this may be required. Dr Blythe will generally check your referral before your appointment and request this prior to you coming in.
Will I need to get crutches or walking aids prior to my surgery?
Yes, depending on what operation you are having. Dr Blythe’s secretary will make you aware if these are needed. Joondalup Hospital provide these for patients, however if your operation is at St John of God, Mt Lawley, you can obtain these from your local pharmacy.